Black Box Dance Company is seeking rehearsal director and tour manager (Denmark)
Where: Holstebro Denmark
When: October 2019
Deadline for applications: 10.10.2019
Black Box Dance Company is expanding and looking for new colleagues. As rehearsal director and tour manager, you will be a key player in the work of the Black Box Dance Company. You will be instrumental in ensuring that the company continue to maintain and strive for high-quality performance experiences, enjoyed not only in our hometown of Holstebro but also theaters, venues, cultural houses and schools, nationally and internationally.
As rehearsal director and tour manager you will be responsible for:
• Coordination and planning of Black Box Dance Company’s tour activities, across disciplines such as technical department, dancers, choreographers, venues, ticket office, etc..
• Booking and coordination of travel, transport and lodging for tour, national and international.
• Contact person to venues, national and international.
• Coordination and planning of Black Box Dance Company’s outreach work.
• Member of our production group.
• Teaching of dance class for daily morning training and warm-up.
• Booking of teachers and trainers for daily training and warm-up.
• Scheduling and planning of rehearsals, as well as continuous updating thereof.
• Assisting choreographers/directors/artistic director in realizing their artistic vision.
• Maintaining and continuously developing the quality of the company’s repertoire.
• Coaching dance apprentices.
• Performance management when on stage and on tour.
• Collecting audience statistics.
Qualifications, background and experience
It is a prerequisite that you are a structured person who is used to working in an artistic and interchangeable environment and able to juggle various tasks at the same time. You have a relevant education and / or experience that you may have accumulated in a variety of ways.
As tour manager, it is an advantage if you have insight to the technical and production aspects of performing arts but is not a must. You must be prepared to travel with the job.
As rehearsal director, you are expected to have a solid background and career as a dancer with you, as well as strong communication skills. The ability to respect, understand and engage in a variety of choreographic and artistic approaches is an absolute necessity.
We expect you to enjoy a busy day, be energetic and have a positive approach to your daily life. We emphasize that you possess the ability to deal with the unknown factors that often characterize ambitious artistic organizations such as the Black Box Dance Company.
Salary and employment terms:
The position is a full-time position for a period of 5-6 months, spread over one year. We would like to renew the contract for each season. There will be a number of travel days and tour periods. Evening and weekend work will occur. The place of employment is at Black Box Theater & Dance, Holstebro Denmark, as well as touring. We offer accommodation in Holstebro as well as on tour. You will refer to the creative producer and artistic director.
Employment terms will be on individual agreement with salary after negotiation.
We are ready to welcome you on January 1st, 2020.
How to apply: Send your application with resume, references with contact info and motivation as pdf files to email@example.com.
The application deadline is October 10. 2019 at noon.
Black Box Dance Company thrives to be and equal opportunities employer and hence encourages and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Black Box Dance Company encourages disabled artists with an interest in working with the company to also apply.
For further information, please visit http://www.black-box-theatre-and-dance.dk/dans/