Boris Eifman Dance Academy: Choreography session. Open call for applications – deadline 5.4.
INNOPRAKTIKA AND RUSSIAN SEASONS SCHOOL
INTERNATIONAL EDUCATIONAL PROJECT is aimed at acquainting foreign art students with Russia and promoting intercultural dialogue between representatives of different countries, artistic views, and aesthetic traditions. First sessions of the project took place in 2020 at the St. Petersburg Academy of Arts and at the Russian Institute of Theatre Arts (GITIS). 25 students from 11 countries came to participate in the School. In addition to cultural activities and curriculum, which consisted of intensive courses each student had to create a final project according to the main topic of the session.
Сhoreography session 2021 will take place at the Boris Eifman Dance Academy. The Academy was founded in 2013 with the initiative of the world-famous choreographer Boris Eifman. This state choreographic school trains universal ballet dancers from 7 years old to master both classical and contemporary techniques. In addition to classical dance, the students also learn the techniques of jazz, modern and contemporary dance, gymnastics, ballroom dancing, flexible expressiveness, acting skills.
LOCATION & DATES:
July 1 – July 21, St. Petersburg, Boris Eifman Dance Academy
July 23 – July 25, Sevastopol, Crimea, Innopraktika and Russian Seasons School Festival
Сhoreographic laboratory Performance laboratory
Professional choreographers & ballet dancers
ACCOMMODATION AND FULL BOARD EXPENSES:
Visa fee refund, Round-trip tickets to St. Petersburg and Sevastopol, Airport transfer, Accommodation and full board expenses at the time of the Session & Festival, Educational and cultural program expenses, All the materials for the work
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICANTS TO THE SESSION
• Age: Сhoreographic laboratory: 21-35 Performance laboratory: 18-30
• English Level: Intermediate level or higher (skype or phone interview)
• Unimpeded/Unrestricted entry into the Russian Federation
• Valid international passport (a passport should have at least six months of validity after your last day of travel)
• Negative COVID-19 test upon arrival to Russia
• СV and identity photo
• Certificate/Diploma or other documents on completion of a relevant educational institution.
• Main achievements: competition diplomas, certificates of master-classes and courses. • Motivation letter (Why do you want to participate in the Project? What are your expectations from the Project?)
• Contact information: address, phone number, email, links to social media accounts (optional)
• Medical Certificate on the absence of medical contraindications for training, issued by the official health authority of the candidate’s country of residence.
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICANTS TO THE SESSION:
Performance laboratory: Description of the projects you participated in, including synopsis, photos, videos, links (optional). Short video of your solo performance (timing is 1 min.).
Сhoreographic laboratory: Description of your dance productions, including synopsis, photos, videos, links (if any). Your portfolio must have at least one dance production (no timing limitations) Brief descriptions of dance productions you would like to realize in future. Description of the dance production you are planning to realize during the project on the topic «United in creativity»
email for applications:
DEADLINE: APRIL 05, 2021