Exploring the Human Voice in Motion (Berlin)
Exploring the Human Voice in Motionwith Irena Z. Tomažin and Alessio Castellacci.
When: 2 – 13 March, 2020
Early Bird until 15 Jan, 2020
– 2 teachers
– 16 participants
– 60 hours
– individual mentoring | group research
The 2-week Intensive is TWIS foundation study program and is structured as a cohesive exploration of the Human Voice and its inherent creativity. The 2 weeks are facilitated by Irena Z. Tomažin and Alessio Castellacci, who share the workshop facilitation each day, interweaving their complementary practices of sound and movement. These practices are organised as an integrated approach to the study of the Embodied Voice.
The program integrates knowledge from folk singing with current approaches of somatic movement, phonetics, voice instant composition and improvisation techniques. The focus is on embodiment and further development of these complementary approaches, supporting each participant in individuating and refining their own signature expression of voice and movement practice.
During the program you are invited to play and experiment with different techniques and approaches:
– somatic approaches to perception, movement and relationship (anatomical study of breath and voice / somatic explorations with guided imagery / Deep Listening meditations / voice release massage in partners)
– breath work
– the art of folk singing (learning how to enter a personal dialogue with songs from East European oral traditions)
– practices of energy activation (Osho dynamic meditations, impulse work)
– principles of Vocal Instant Composition and Voice & Movement Improvisation
– techniques to enter in a state of free associative, embodied thinking (sensorial deprivation tasks / synesthetic perception)
– Circle Singing
– development of self-reflection and group feedback
Our intention is to cultivate a communal space of acceptance and feedback, to reflect the political urgency of developing and sustaining practices of Deep Listening and Deep Caring, while developing artistic craftsmanship. The work is designed to create a safe space in which the innate need to express ourself vocally can thrive, unlocking the energetic blocks that holds our voice.
For inquiries write at firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply via the online form: http://www.the-world-is-sound.com/winter-intensive-apply
Scholarship: this year we are offering a partial scholarship to support one Person of Color (PoC) to join the program for a discounted fee.
Please read here to see if you are eligible http://www.the-world-is-sound.com/winter-intensive-scholarship
The Intensive has a limited amount of 16 participants, each application will be received and confirmed until reaching a full group, after that we will not be able to accept applications anymore. Apply soon to secure your spot!
Costs for participants:
Early Bird Fee: 580€ (when applying before Jan 15, 2020)
Regular Fee – 630€: (when applying after Jan 15, 2020)