International Summer School: Theatre in Social Context 6.-17.9. in Prague
Archa Theatre Summer School:
Theatrical creation has focused on topical social and political issues recently. Archa Theatre promotes artistic practices that have the courage to examine topical issues expressed in a specific theatrical language. The International Summer School is a platform for experimentation and investigation in the field of contemporary theatre.
Working language of the school is English.
Issues we focus on:
· How is reality transformed into an artistic image?
· Which artistic disciplines serve this purpose?
· How can artistic activities influence social reality?
Who are welcome to apply:
· Everyone who is older than 18, is professionally involved in theatre or who wishes to be in the future
· Everyone who is interested in the methods of the collective creation / devised theatre
· Everyone who sees theatre as an expression of individuality on stage
· Everyone who is interested in the principles of documentary and social-specific theatre
· Everyone who sees theatre as a combination of artistic and technical disciplines
Students will first participate in the joint lectures of the regular workshops. Afterwards, each student will choose a main workshop to attend. After this initial period, each day of the summer school will be consisted of two parts: continued joint lectures of the regular workshops, and work in selected workshops. In the last three days of the summer school, students are expected to prepare a short performance at Archa Theatre by using the theatrical skills they acquired from the workshops they attended.
How to apply?
Please submit a motivation letter and a CV with a photo to the e-mail address stated below. You can also include visual materials showing your work to date.
Applications should be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: 30 April 2017
500 Euro – includes daily practical exercises, lectures, study materials, refreshments, and tickets to the accompanying program.
In exceptional cases, applicants can request a discount on the tuition.
Note: Selection of participants will be announced by May 19, 2017.
More information: https://www.divadloarcha.cz/en/program/744