Open call for DanseFestival Barents
OPEN CALL, deadline 10 January 2017
DanseFestival Barents 2017 is planned for 8 – 12 November.
Registration forms etc on our website www.dansefestivalbarents.no.
About DanseFestival Barents
DanseFestival Barents aims to yearly present performances of high national and international quality, focusing mainly on art and culture from the Barents Region. Performances and presentation of dance from another geographic area may be taken into account where it falls naturally into the festival programme and theme.
• Present a broad tailored programme with dance as the main focus. Related genres in different art fields can be presented when dance and movement is a bearing or prominent element in the product.
• Be a meeting place for dance artists in the Barents Region through network building.
• Collaborate beyond geographical and cultural borders.
• Present ethnic performances from the Barents Region.
• Contribute to further educate through courses, seminars and workshops for both professionals and amateurs, and organize activities aimed for children and youth.
The festival was initiated by Solveig Leinan-Hermo/Stellaris DansTeater in Hammerfest, and was held for the first time in 2003. The artistic and administrative activity of DanceFestival Barents was connected to Stellaris’ daily management as the festival was run as a project under Stellaris DansTeater with Solveig Leinan-Hermo as the first Festival Director.
In late 2008 the festival was established as a separate company, owned by Stellaris DansTeater. Kristine Storsve became Festival Director 1st of August 2009 in 100% position, and the festival finally had continuous management throughout the year. Today the Festival Director is Jørgen Knudsen.