Open Call: Théâtre de Choisy-le-Roi (Paris/Choisy-le-Roi): Program for Linguistic Diversity, dl 7 Feb
Pariisin ulkopuolella sijaitseva Théâtre de Choisy-le-Roi avaa haun:
Ohjelma esittävän taiteen tekijöille, joiden työskentelyssä oma kieli on keskeisessä roolissa. Haun deadline 7.2.
The Théâtre de Choisy-le-Roi is a venue for multidisciplinary productions with a program dedicated to addressing the various events taking place on the international stage. If the performance has spoken word, then the original language is always preferred. Why is that the case? Because we are aware that our city enjoys great cultural diversity and that is reflected in the large number of languages spoken here. Above all, we seek to accommodate this diversity in order to build a special relationship with the people who live here.
This unique project is supported by the Ministry of Culture and Communication. Choisy-le-Roi is a town on the outskirts of Paris with a population of around 45,000 inhabitants.
The support program for linguistic diversity is an experimental program designed for artists and professional ensembles who are active in the performing arts sector in France or abroad and are interested in looking into the prospects for improved distribution of text-based works.
The program supports artistic creative projects that incorporate a linguistic dimension by having one or several languages spoken on stage. It offers specific support for skills such as adaptation, translation and surtitling, while exploring the choices available at the production stage.
The creative projects must:
– Fall within the performing arts sector (excluding cinema and exhibitions).
– Be classified as contemporary writing.
– Be mindful of the gender, ethnic, and cultural diversity within the team.
– Be supported by a minimum of two French or international professional organizations ready to ensure that the creative project will at the very least be presented to an audience and to pledge support for the project.
Each team will benefit from:
– Collaborative preparatory work drawing on our centers of expertise in translation, adaptation, and surtitling in order to bring creative challenges into alignment with economic and technical challenges. If collaborative work on these points is already underway, each team will be able to integrate it into the process.
– A production grant of a maximum of €10,000, earmarked for financing the resources needed to take linguistic diversity into account (translation, adaptation, surtitling), including a five-day residency in order to complete the work in an environmentally responsible and cost-effective way. To find the most appropriate solution for the travel of the teams and related expenses, the residency may take place at the Théâtre de Choisy-le-Roi, or in any other outside professional structure, in France or abroad.
– A performance date during the 2023/24 season at the Théâtre de Choisy-le-Roi (separate transfer agreement).
February 7th 2022: Deadline for applications
The creative projects must begin between April 1st, 2022 and April 1st, 2023.