Open call: Video-audition – Elle Sofe Sara and Frode Fjellheim (Norway)
Choreographer Elle Sofe Sara and composer Frode Fjellheim are looking for 3 dancers/actors and 4 singers/yoikers for their new performance vástádus eana – the answer is land.
The performance is co-produced by the Arctic Arts Festival and in collaboration with Dansearena nord. Rehearsal periods are February / March (4 weeks) 2021 and June 2021 (4 weeks), as well as scattered performances in autumn 2021 and spring/autumn 2022.
We are looking for dancers/actors:
– with great physical capacity and stamina
– who has experience with singing, yoik, choir and / or vocal use.
– Has experience in developing own movement material based on themes and tasks
– It is an advantage if you have worked with audience participatory performances before
We are looking for singers/yoikers:
– With great voice capacity, good understanding of tones and a desire to explore new
– Who is interested in exploring movement in a performative setting
– Who has experience from choirs, other vocal ensembles or as a soloist in bands etc.
– It is an advantage if you have experience with yoik, similar voice use and improvisation.
More info here: http://www.dansearenanord.no/elle-sofe-sara.html
If you are interested in participating in a video audition, please send a email to producer Maiken Garder: email@example.com
Note the email with: PARTICIPATE IN AUDITION
Then you will be sent the actual audition.
The application deadline is October 1, 2020, but we are happy to receive applications before that time as well.
You will receive an answer by 15 October.